Acclaimed Italian pianist Domenico Codispoti played beautifully in the recent benefit concert for the HCCA Performance Grant Fund. He is truly a poet of the piano, and the audience of about 200 was transported by everything he played. His Schumann Davidsbündlertänze were quick-silver and emotional, yet played with an almost spontaneous spirit, as if he were a medium channeling the ghost of Schumann.
After intermission, he performed Chopin, full of melancholy, without bathos, but with sparkling technique in the service of poetry. The third movement of the Sonata Op.58 was simply heart-breaking – many eyes overflowed with tears. The very appreciative audience demanded an encore, which was a Chopin Nocturne, leaving us all with a sigh.
We are so pleased that these lucky people were able to enjoy such an extraordinary concert, and that we made close to $1,000.00 for the Performance Grant Fund. Special thanks to Mr. Codispoti for waiving his fee!
Hemet Community Concert Association is a non-profit, all-volunteer managed organization dedicated to presenting the best live music to the residents of the San Jacinto Valley and surrounding areas. We believe that live concerts are an essential part of any community’s cultural landscape, even more so when economic conditions are difficult. We hope you will join Hemet Community Concert Association and enjoy these beautiful concerts with us!
In order to bring quality artists to our community, we need a robust subscriber base, so we do everything possible to encourage subscribers.
- For the 2013-14 season we offer “Five for Fifty-Five” — that’s five concerts for a subscription fee of only $55.00. A great entertainment value—free parking included!
- Patrons: Essential to our survival, Patrons receive tickets to all concerts, and are acknowledged in all printed programs. For more information about our Patrons program please contact Patrons VP Peggy Nottingham at 951-766-0272 or (See “Become A Patron” button, above right.)
- Everyone 22 or younger is admitted free.
- If someone you refer to us becomes a subscriber, we will thank you with a complimentary ticket to any one concert of your choice in the upcoming season.
- Individual ticket prices, available only at the door on concert days, will be $25.00 each. However, subscribers will be able to purchase them at the reduced price of $20.00. That’s another advantage for our subscribers!
We are very fortunate to have the First Southern Baptist Church in Hemet as our venue—the acoustics are superb, the seating is generous and comfortable, the piano is a fine Yamaha concert grand—and parking is free! The First Southern Baptist Church is located at 433 S. San Jacinto St. in Hemet.
Hemet Community Concert Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which meets 5 times a year. These meetings are open to the public. Should you wish to attend a meeting, or if you are interested in joining the Board, please contact us by clicking on "Contact" above left or calling a phone number below. (See menu, above left.)
Nancy Austin, President, Hemet Community Concert Association, 951-658-7319
P.O. Box 2241 | Hemet CA 92546 | 951-927-1775